Commission on Ministry
The Commission on Ministry (COM) assists the Bishop and the Standing Committee under the provisions of Title III of the Canons of the General Convention and the Canons of the Episcopal Church in Minnesota in the following ways:
- to determine the present and future needs for ministry;
- to solicit nominations of persons who demonstrate qualities of Christian commitment, leadership, vision, and responsiveness to the needs, concerns, and hopes of the world which mark them as desirable candidates for positions of leadership in the Church;
- to invite nominees to engage in a discernment process appropriate to their cultural background;
- to recruit and select persons for Holy Orders and guide and examine postulants, candidates for the diaconate and priesthood, in their journey to ordination;
- to provide continuing education of clergy and lay professionals employed in the church;
- to promote continuing education of clergy and lay professionals employed in the church;
- to support the development of the ministry of the laity.
For information about the process for Discernment, Formation, and Ordination in the Episcopal Church in Minnesota, view the Discernment and Formation for Missional Leadership document.
If you have any questions about the process for discernment and formation for individuals who are wondering about a call to leadership, please contact Karen Olson, Missioner for Ministry, at firstname.lastname@example.org OR The Rev. Susan Daughtry, Missioner for Formation at email@example.com.
Chair: The Rev. Anna Doherty, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elected by Convention
Terms expire 2019: The Rev. Jim Young, email@example.com
Appointed by Bishop
Terms expire 2020: The Rev. Jason Lucas, firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms expire 2018: Bill Sullivan, email@example.com
*denotes second term