Union of Black Episcopalians - ECMN Chapter
This is to inform the ECMN community that an interested group of Black Episcopalians has begun a process of forming a chapter of the Union of Black Episcopalians in ECMN. The group held several meetings and is now preparing for the official launching of the chapter of ECMN/UBE. UBE has provided more than 200 years of Black Leadership in the Episcopal Church. UBE’s Mission for the 21st Century is to unite the diverse cultures, concerns and gifts of Black Episcopalians by providing preparation and encouragement for living the Baptismal Covenant and fully participating in the mission and governance of The Episcopal Church.
UBE’s Vision for the 21st Century:
- To create awareness within young men and women of African descent about the clergy vocation
- To promote strong Lay Leadership among communities of African Descent within TEC and the Anglican Communion
- To incorporate fiscal responsibility into the life, work and ministry of UBE by becoming financially solvent.
- Create a systematic approach of ensuring that Black congregations are sustainable and viable within their vineyards
- To be a community of vigilance and action regarding matters of injustice, especially the effects of racism in the Church and society.”
To learn more or join in, contact:
Minnie Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org)
George Thompson (email@example.com)
James N. Wilson, II (firstname.lastname@example.org)