Racial Justice & Healing Formation Team Applications Open
On Thursday, September 30th, during our second BISHOPx Forum, Heidi Kim introduced the next step in our collective work towards racial justice and healing: the establishment of a diverse team from around the state who will come together to faithfully create a formation resource to help every Minnesota Episcopalian deepen their discipleship through the work of racial justice and healing.
Applications for that team are now open. The hope is for that team to include at least two individuals from each mission area, and to genuinely represent the diversity of ECMN. We are currently planning for a 6 month process and asking for an estimated 10 hour/month commitment. Each member of the team will also receive a stipend for their time. We are looking for a wide, diverse representation of ECMN for this team, so if you are not called to do this and know someone who would be good, please consider sharing this invitation.
Please take a moment to look over the application and spend some time in prayerful discernment about whether you are called to this work. You need not be experienced in the work of racial justice and healing; more important is to feel truly called to the work of reconciliation and healing by Jesus.
If selected for this team, you commit to:
- Pray for the team and its ministry every day.
- A 6 month process that will require roughly 10 hours per month.
- Regular attendance at meetings via Zoom and in person if COVID restrictions allow.
- Accountability for assigned tasks and collaboration with other team members between meetings.
- A willingness to enter into Brave Space with humility, curiosity, and faithful commitment to the work.
- Attending the first meeting in mid-November with subsequent meetings in December and into 2022.
If you have not been able to participate in the BISHOPx Forums, we encourage you to watch both the presentation by Dr. Catherine Meeks and the presentation by Bishop Loya to better familiarize yourself with the theological grounding for our racial justice and healing work.
If you have questions, please contact Rachel Babbitt, your Missioner for Community Engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org.