St. Mary's, St. Paul seeks Music Minister
Who are we?
Saint Mary’s Episcopal Church is a spiritual home that blends innovation and sacred tradition. In our nurturing community people can be themselves. We welcome questions and doubts. We challenge one another to partner with God to work for justice and peace. In our progressive and affirming multigenerational faith community it's not uncommon to have folks ages 2-92 worship together on a Sunday, in person and on zoom. We’re located in the Merriam Park neighborhood of St. Paul and have members from across the Twin Cities.
Who are you?
- You love how music connects people to each other and God
- You’re a music professional familiar with traditional Christian hymns and music. Ideally, but not necessarily, Episcopalian!
- You know that music can uniquely nurture and support a community’s spiritual wellbeing
- You enjoy leading choirs and small groups, helping them to grow in community and musical skill
- You’re excited to work in an LGBTQIA+ affirming Christian environment
- You know that good boundaries and clear communication make healthy relationships
- You’re inspired by the paperless music movement and would love to use paperless music in your ministry
- You’re experienced with maintenance procedures for instruments used in church settings such as pianos and organs