Episcopal Earthkeepers Circle in Partnership with Minnesota Interfaith Power and Light
Episcopal Earthkeepers Circle Facebook page – Read what's working in faith communities, share what's working in yours. Inspire and be inspired.
EarthkeepersPreaching.net contains sermon ideas and lectionary reflections for each Sunday.
We would love to add YOUR work to the site. Please help seed eco-justice preaching by sending your sermons and reflections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How To Use These Materials
- Propers for Honoring God in Creation
- Prayers of the People Honoring God in Creation, Form 1
- Prayers of the People Honoring God in Creation, Form 2
- Prayers of the People Honoring God in Creation, Form 3 (on the theme of water)
- A Confession of Sin against God’s Creation
- A Litany for the Planet
- A Rogation Day Procession and Liturgy
- Prayers for Rogation Days: A Rite for the Blessing of a Garden
- A Liturgy in Thanksgiving for Creation and in Honor of the Feast of St. Francis, with the Blessing of Animals
- Additional Readings and Resources for St. Francis Day
Let all Creation Praise, has an excellent page of links to worship resources.
Earth Day Sunday resources from Creation Justice Ministries
The Episcopal Ecological Network-Liturgical Resources – Provides service bulletins and prayers that can be used for worship.
Book of Common Prayer-Environment Sections – A list of prayers and environmentally focused options for worship created by the Episcopal Diocese of New York.
Society of St. John the Evangelist Lenten Series – Growing the Rule of Life is a lenten series that provides daily prayers and videos for lent practice with environmental focus.
Minnesota Episcopal Environmental Stewardship Archive – Twenty years worth of lectionary reflections, creation season resources, convention resolutions with implementation ideas, theological reflections on environmental stewardship, and articles on sacred spaces in Minnesota.
General Information Resources
The Episcopal Church-Eco-Justice – The Episcopal Church Eco-Justice ministries provide resources for education, advocacy, and action.
The Episcopal Ecological Network – A nationwide network of faith communities of the Episcopal Church working to create leaders in the worldwide environmental movement.
The Episcopal Public Policy Network-Climate Change – Advocacy resources from The Episcopal Church’s public policy program.
A Life of Grace for the Whole World - Full Curriculum - A leader guide for a five session study for adults on the Episcopal House of Bishops’ pastoral teaching on the environment.
Videos & Forum Information
The Climate Change Crisis – Forum offered through The Episcopal Church (March, 2015)
The Intersection of Poverty and the Environment – Forum offered through The Episcopal Church at St. Mark’s Cathedral, Salt Lake City, Utah (April, 2012)
- Do you have folks in your community interested in creation care?
- Do you have a Green Team or environmental group?
- Want to create a community garden or other environmental project at your home or faith community?
- Need resources or have ideas?
“Be praised my Lord, through All your creatures…” – St. Francis of Assisi